Re: Formula Jr Karts

Subject: Re: Formula Jr Karts
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 16:52:32 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Don Miller wrote:
> Junior kart rules are setup for Box Stock 100 cc and 5
> hp Briggs motors. they run against only other
> non-shifting junior karts.

That's what I thought too, except I was talking to Guy Ankeny (sp?) at the
NorPac divisional and he told me that his son's 80cc shifter was legal.
Apparently the rules say something like "any kart that meets the specs of
a sactioning body for 14 year olds and under" or something like that?  I
guess the 80cc shifters are legal for 13-15 in one of the major
sanctioning bodies?

MHO, but its become time to call out specific kart types for Formula Jr.
If you can handle an 80cc shifter, you can handle a 125cc shifter.

Mark