RE: Formula Junior Karts

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Formula Junior Karts
From: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 15:21:36 -0700
> Brad, I think you truly are the master of understatement.
>
> This sounds like a great idea to work out _among_competitors_ for local
> events with lots of kart entries, but sounds overly burdensome for
> officials.

I think Brad has mentioned a great idea, and it *seems* like the best
solution. It solves the perceived inequities. All junior karts can run
against each other using a simple index.

Is it really that difficult to use an index for officials? I would vounteer
to do the math using a pencil and paper.

P.S. From what I have seen, almost all of the kart parents are in this for
all the right reasons, and not to get a trophy. But it *is* a competition,
and there is some obvious disparity.

I also am not a big fan of everybody getting a trophy, but that is me.

Randy Chase