Re: Formula Junior Karts

To: Brad Holliday <bradholliday@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Formula Junior Karts
From: Pat Kelly <lollipop@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 19:31:25 -0700
Brad,
        We index all the classes at SFR events, giving everyone an overall
index time as well as an overall real time. We divide the Jr. Karts into
two levels, I think, the little 5hp, with an index of .836, and the
Junior kart like the Garritt Ankeny's at a much tougher .900. There may
be a third junior kart class, but I don't know the index for that one
since no one ever runs it.
        It's not hard, just tedious, to keep track of which class everyone is
running on a particular event; they keep jumping around from one to
another, and their indexes change. If I were a real programmer, I would
plug in "if class XX, then index .XXX." But I'm not ready to set that
up, though it might save some time down the road.
--Pat Kelly