RE: Bremerton Tour Results?

To: "Randy Chase" <randyc2@home.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bremerton Tour Results?
From: "Paula Whitney" <pwhitney@shamroc.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:36:44 -0500
>Randy Chase wrote:

>Why did Paula Whitney quit running on Sunday?

Hi gang,

"The reason Paula quit running is she is a wimp with a very weak shoulder
and the Soar's X19's manual steering proved a little too much for her!" :)

No, really after numerous years in the Wood Racing Purple Honda, I had to
have surgery two years ago on my shoulder and have had to stay away from
manual steering. I thought that because the car only weighs 1600 and some
thing pounds, that I should be able to handle it, but Greg Fordahl's very
technical course proved me wrong. With only a month before Nationals it
seems silly to chance it even though the car is a challenge I would have
liked to conquer. Many thanks to Maureen and Steve for giving me a shot
at it. :)

One thing no one has mentioned is the REALLY cool mustang cobra that ran
in SM2 with over 600 horsepower, I believe the owner was Matt Chambers.
Enough to make a little girl's heart swoon. It was beautiful and if that
was enough the BP Corvette of Chad Olerich was a hoot to watch pound it's
way around the course. Many thanks to all the NW folks for another
wonderful event. This region puts in a lot of work and it shows.

After the great rain hat the region give me a few years a go, I didn't
even mind the rain shower, but then I wasn't running on Sunday. :0 I
never did find out what OS meant except that I was working computer that
heat and I kept thinking it was a BS Miata and then when it crossed the
line in front of me, I would say "Oh Sh??" and have to change the time,
but I am thinking that is not what it really stands for. <gggg>

Thanks again for a great event folks!!
paula whitney