Re: Bremerton Tour Results?

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bremerton Tour Results?
From: Jenaro Rodriguez <dicej32@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 08:26:39 -0700 (PDT)
Yep, rain in heat 3 wreaked havoc on SS,FS,ESP,DM,EM,
etc. It started sprinkling at the end of heat 2. There
was a 20 minute opening to walk the course before the
start of heat 3. It wasn't raining hard but just
enough to leave a film of water over the track. Those
of you who have run at Bremerton know that traction
goes away badly when this happens. First runs got
somewhat better conditions and these runs ended up
being crucial in the results. The drizzle continued
making conditions worse and worse. The Babbs retired
the lotus after one agricultural excursion. Kevin
Dietz put down a decent run on his first run but with
a cone. Tom Kotzian bettered him with his first run
and that's all it took. Pretty much sums up third
heat. The bad thing is that the rain stopped just
before the end of 3rd heat and conditions improved
dramatically by the second runs of heat 4. By heat5
the sun was scorching us!. Anyway for your other
questions, I'm not sure why Paula quit running. The
Ron Bauer in Street Mod is a different Ron Bauer (AS).
And as far is Corey Smith is concerned, he's in a
league of his own. As a direct recipient of a beating
by him : )I have to say that the car is awesome and he
can drive. He was just amazing running close to Greg
Fordahl's times in the F Prepared 914. What can I say?
The courses were technical and demanded precision and
smoothness. Lot's of fun though and a good turnout.

          Jenaro
  SM fodder for the S4 Audi

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2001/bremerton/results.html

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/