Re: Tires for Next year

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires for Next year
From: "gs96" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 09:32:37 -0400
Mark, maybe it's different where you live but I'm in
Larry's region and most of the competitors run the
Stock -street tire classes.  Even some of the grizzled
veterans switch back to street tires for these events -
not me, I'm addicted to R-rubber.  R tires *might* be
cheaper than Street tires for National competition but
they certainly aren't for local competitors who are
running on what they drive every day.   Most
importantly, the gap between the newbie on Goodyears
and the hotshoe on Falkens is much closer than if the
hotshoe is running on Hoosier "race" tires - and the
closer the racing is the more fun it is for the
newbies.

Kent Rafferty

> Maybe you haven't noticed but today's "newbies"
already have chips,
> intakes, things that control boost, fuel..., sway
bars, springs and of
> course wings. You are correct most do not have the
dreaded "R" tires.

> I do not believe "newbies" leave because of the cost
of "R" tires,
> they leave because the sport is much harder than it
looks. See they
> come out in their "tricked" out ride only to get
waxed by (O lets say)
> a mid 80's CRX.
>
> "R" compound Tires are cheap compared to what I've
seen invested in
> some of these cars.
>
>  Mark Hirt
>
>  Mark.Hirt@home.com
>  http://members.home.net/mark.hirt/
>
>  I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute
of it.

majordomo@autox.team.net