Re: Tires for Next year

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tires for Next year
From: SCCARcr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 10:38:19 EDT
I couldn't agree more with Kent.  With all the modifications already going into
these "rockets" that the new folks are bringing the cost of some "R" compound
tires should be pocket change.  And I also agree with him as far as his opinion
on the autocross being a much harder sport than many people initially think
just by spectating.  It is also misunderstood by most my age (I'm 24) as to
what makes a really fast car.  Most my age think only in terms of horsepower.
Not handling characteristics, correct suspension setup, etc.  I mean most
people I run across that find out I autocross laugh right in my face when I
tell then I have a Dodge Neon.  But it is glorious when they show up in their
hopped-up whatever and get waxed by my little Neon.

Just my .02.

Brad Pyatt
98 Neon ACR
Texas Region