Re: Progressive Insurance woes

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Progressive Insurance woes
From: Andrew Schmiechen <aschmiechen@discovercolor.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Mar 2002 10:12:59 -0600
We've discussed this before on the list.  I recall specifically reading the
terms of service for Progressive auto coverage which specifically says that
_any_ competitive or timed event is not covered.  I can't see why an
insurance company would drop them all together, though, just for competing.
They just shouldn't cover them during that event.

Oh...and there should also be some question of legality here.  Can the
insurance company prove that the car that the driver used was the one
covered on the policy?  Especially if it's based on results posted on a web
site?  I'd definitely be calling my state insurance commissioner.

Anyway, have them give Allstate a call.  They don't have anything in their
clauses about timed or competitive events.

-A.