SM2 survival

To: autox@autox.team.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com
Subject: SM2 survival
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:42:44 -0500
Hey, I find it really, really ironic that people who DON'T have a stake
in SM2 are ready to shoot it down. Even Dennis Grant doesn't want it to
succeed. What's the problem? Y'all really think that keeping the numbers
of classes down serves our sport?

As for there not being cars on the street that already would fit the
class. Come on! There are tons of blown Miatas, CRXs, MR2s just for the
itty bitty car inclined. Then there is a whole 'nother group of Vette
drivers with 383 or 406 motors or blowers on them. Let alone all the
Vettes that are cammed, and otherwise warmed over. There are HUGE numbers
of them.

I'll support the class at national level events but my Vette will stay in
BSP trim until the naysayers are silenced. If they prevail I won't be out
the extra bucks building my car.

It WOULD be fun to build a 406 small block and take the challenge to get
the weight down to 2500 lbs. in my 86 Vette to show the ricers what
'Murican iron can do.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz