Re: SM2 survival

To: <bthatch@juno.com>
Subject: Re: SM2 survival
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:57:26 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: <bthatch@juno.com>
To: <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Cc: <autox@autox.team.net>; <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 1:33 PM

> Bring on the turbo Miatas. If power is the issue, you don't even want to
> know what an SM2 Vette will have. But we all know that power isn't the
> name of the autocross game.

Yeah, but can you strip a Vette down to 2200lb? ;)

And actually, if you want to do some engine work on a Miata, there's still
more power to be had.  Flyin' Miata's development vehicle is currently
dynoing at 360rwhp with mild headwork (still on stock cams, IIRC) and some
mild strengthening of the bottom end.

But you're right; handling and driver skill will get you much further than
power in this game.

Scot