Re:RE: Another Koni question

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:RE: Another Koni question
From: dkyeung@juno.com
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 14:05:01 GMT
I'd drop this into the weenie protest category. depending on the
interpretation, it may not be allowed by the rulebook but it provides no
performance advantage over another car that has the shock adjustment freely
accessible. IMHO adding the access holes levels the playing field. The scca
seems to serve it's membership well in allowing certain mods to certain cars
that are favored for autocrossing. any others that want to play just have to
take it in the shorts.

If I were a protest chief (not volunteering) and someone brought this to me,
I'd tell them to take a hike.

But I suppose that really doesn't answer the original question of whether it is
legal or not. I suppose someone should (or has?) get/gotten a clarification
from Howard?

Dave Yeung
Houston Region