Neat sticker removal tool

To: ".Wichita Region" <Wichita-scca@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Neat sticker removal tool
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 11:09:24 -0600
How often has someone asked about how to remove stickers and graphics
cleanly? I just replaced my vinyl car numbers yesterday, and used a nifty
new tool I picked up last November at the PRI show.

Such a simple little thing -- a misshapen plastic rectangle called "Lil'
Chizler" (their misspelling of "li'l", not mine; patent pending). It gets
under the vinyl stickers without marring the paint and without leaving glue
residue behind. Looks something like a plastic bodyworking spatula but with
a much sharper edge. It also has a flat edge (three, different lengths), a
curved edge, different corner radii.

It should be noted I'd waxed under where the vinyl numbers were, which I
know also helped the no-residue removal (and I re-waxed before putting the
new ones on). But I also had a spot on the car where an old sticker had come
off and I'd never been able to get the old residue off. The Chizler scraped
the dried residue right away without harming the paint.

This one was a giveaway from Interstate Sign Supply. Not even sure where
that is, only a phone number printed on the thing (888-498-8278). I'm sure
they'd be happy to create graphics to cover your car and hauler. Other than
that I know nothing about them, other than the fact this little giveaway
piece just made sticker removal the easiest I've ever experienced.

--Rocky Entriken