Best autocross tires (I race in street tire class) for 99

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Best autocross tires (I race in street tire class) for 99
From: "Mark Stanley" <mstanley@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2002 19:15:07 -0800
I need to replace my tires and was wondering which were the best
autocross tires for my car. I race in the street tire class.
Wear life and wet traction are on the low side of my priority list, and
dry cornering ability is the most important to me.
I looked into the falken azenis but they don't make them in my size.

Also, discounttire.com offered tire sizes that are wider than stock for
my car, is "wider better" in autocross, should I consider these
non-stock sizes?

Thanks ~ Mark