Re: Fw: HELP! Florida making autocross/rallycross/

To: "Ron Nottingham" <nottingham@alltel.net>,
Subject: Re: Fw: HELP! Florida making autocross/rallycross/
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2002 22:00:00 -0600
>The sky is falling!  The sky is falling!  Wake up!!!  I am going out on
>a limb, and I'm going to assume...  all SCCA autox's are run on a
>parking lot that has been rented, or received permission from the OWNER,
>and carries insurance for that event.  Plus, most parking lots are
>privately owned, and last time I checked, the owner can do whatever
>he/she wants to do with their property.

Is that right?  Anything?  Like shoot off fireworks?  Open an outdoor rifle
range?  Sell liquor?  Use stag hounds to hunt deer?  Run bullfights?

Public laws can be enforced on private property.  I do not know that
Florida, or anyone else, is planning to stamp out autocrossing.  But don't
think for one minute that they could not do so if they wanted to.

Your attempt to draw a comparison between the fictitious Chicken Little and
people working in earnest to prevent anti-autocrossing laws is ill-advised.
I applaud on behalf of autocrossers everywhere the efforts of people to
promote an autocross-friendly legal atmosphere.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org