Re: Lowest price open face helmet for autocross?

To: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>, "David K Yeung"
Subject: Re: Lowest price open face helmet for autocross?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 22:55:49 -0600
>I have a Simpson Bandit
>(my second one) and put it on over my glasses.
>
>I don't pull it straight down. I put it "on my face," then rotate it back
>over my head.

Tried that with various helmets.  Didn't work for me.  It actually is not
that different from the way I put the open-face helmet on while seated in
the Europa.

>When I got my new (Snell 95) Bandit, I learned it had a deeper chinpiece
>than the old '85 Bandit. This meant that to do my rotation trick, now I
have
>to "bite" my chinpiece (open my mouth so it goes just a bit deeper) before
>rotating it over my head. Yeah, it sounds a bit bizarre, but more than it
>looks when I do it. And it works.

OK, I will admit that I didn't think of that.  I will keep that trick in
mind.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org