Re: Lowest price open face helmet for autocross?

To: "Bill Fuhrmann" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Lowest price open face helmet for autocross?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2002 07:43:12 -0600
From: Bill Fuhrmann <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
>I just used the Simpson a few weeks ago for karting.  Were you (Phil) at
the
>new track in Brooklyn Center?

Actually, the ProKart in Blaine, on 97th just west of Central

>They require a helmet to be full face and
>either face shield or glasses.

I obviously was wearing my glasses.  I was using their helmet and they
didn't say anything about the fact that I kept the face shield open.

>A group of friends rented it for an hour.  I was going to write some
>comments about it on the local AX list but haven't gotten a round to it.  I
>never went to the one in Apple Valley but was told that this one was much
>larger (approximately 30 seconds per lap) for the good people.

Longer than that.  The lap record is over 36.  I got down to the low 39s.
The fastest one there was 38 something.  The fastest in my group was about
.1 faster than my best.  I wish they had one more race, since they gridded
you on your fastest lap of the previous race.  One more race and I would
have been gridded second.  Since the fast karts gravitate to the front of
the grid, I'd probably have a have a shot with a quicker one.

Phil Ethier  West Side   Saint Paul  Minnesota  USA
pethier@isd.net   http://www.mnautox.com/  http://www.vtr2002.org