RE: ax-digest V1 #835

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: ax-digest V1 #835
From: "Paul Andrews" <emosound@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:29:15 -0400
I'll chime in, my former car was a 97 GTI VR6, almost exactly the same
as a Corrado, running in STS.
Short answer: less weight is good.  When I got the GTI corner-weighted,
it came in at 2750 lbs, plus driver.  That was with no spare, 1/2 tank.
65% front and 35% rear.  Ugh.  Leaving items in place will not
significantly change the distribution.
With coilovers and Konis, along with a Shine rear bar, the car was
pretty neutral unless I overcooked corner entry.  The tail would come
out when lifting off the throttle mid-corner.  I had about -2 degrees of
camber in the front, maybe 2.5.
If you want to move some weight around, relocate the battery to the
trunk.

-Paul Andrews