Re: Boxster S reclassification

To: <TeamZ06@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Boxster S reclassification
From: "James Harn" <jamesh220@attbi.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 06:02:46 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: <TeamZ06@aol.com>
To: "Evolution Discussion" <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>;
<autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, April 28, 2002 10:29 PM

> not enough justification in itself.  If it were, we'd have to reclassify
90%
> of the Stock class listings on a continuous basis because every vehicle
> listed can't be given a class to win.

That's true.  The same arguments can be applied to every stock class.

> You have to draw the line somewhere, but at the very least it must be done
in
> a consistent and fair manner.  If the Viper or some other vehicle starts
> beating the Z06's, will we move them to AS next?  Where does the cycle of
> that logic end?
>
> Mark

There's no logic to car classing as this subject has been discussed in
excess.  There's no guidleines that govern the placement of cars in classes.
The classing is done by committee and done by opinion.  It's all up to the
few instead of by rules.   Unless we can get some defined parameters for
each class, car classing is always going to result in creating a dominant
car with the risk of it being moved or relcassed out of competition because
of it's dominance.  It's always been that way and probably will continue to
be.

I for one have given up trying to figure out why cars are classed the way
they are and just look for the dominant car of the day.  It's a well known
fact that if you don't have the fastest car in the class, you can't be
competitive.