Re: Boxster S reclassification

To: hoeh@grumman.com
Subject: Re: Boxster S reclassification
From: TeamZ06@aol.com
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:36:55 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/02 11:24:36 AM Central Daylight Time,
hoeh@grumman.com writes:

> <<>>
> <<<to spend $55k for a Boxster S>>>
>
> Funny but according to the manufacturers, the ZO6 starts at $51,075
> and the Boxster S starts at $51,600?

I admit that the $55k Boxster S price is something I have only heard.  It may
have something to do with the options required to be the most competitive or
it was just one particular vehicle with certain options installed, but
otherwise I plead ignorance.  However, I can factually state that people are
buying new Z06's in the low $40k range and there are no costly options to
skew the pricing.  Regardless, the difference in access & appeal of the two
vehicles regarding Solo2 stock classes is more than obvious, so my reasoning
remains unchanged.

Mark