RE: New SAC proposals - June FastTrack

To: Graeme Weston-Lewis <gweston@lsil.com>
Subject: RE: New SAC proposals - June FastTrack
From: Kevin Stevens <Kevin_Stevens@pursued-with.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 12:05:43 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, Graeme Weston-Lewis wrote:

> What about option #3?  Move the Z06 out of stock.  Why a factory race car
>like the Z06 is in a stock class
> has always been a mystery to me.  This would leave an interesting mix of
>competitive cars in SS.  Solves the problem
> with a minimum of fuss.

How is the Z06 a "factory race car"?  Certainly not more so than a Cobra
with a fuel cell.  It is more general purpose than an RX7 - it's just
better/faster.

The entire purpose of the "new" SS class was to provide a place for the
upper echelon sports cars to play, which have been excluded from the Stock
class for a long time.  If there's no competition for the Z06 then put the
AWD Porsche back in there, and the Viper ACR.  Let's not screw up that
step FORWARD after one year.

KeS

(all stock cars should have a place to compete)