Re: Non-SCCA autox insurance rates?

To: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Non-SCCA autox insurance rates?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:32:30 -0500
Jeff Cashmore wrote:

> I'm looking for details on what the other independent clubs pay for autox
> event insurance.  Company? (K&K, etc.) coverage limits ($2 or $3 mill?), one
> time or per entrant fees, etc.  Rates seem to be going sky high post 9/11.

You're right on the money there, Cashmo!  That's an issue that was
driven home at the National Convention back in February.  The whole
insurance market has "hardened" since 9/11 and they're taking a VERY
close look at motorsports.  As it was explained at the Convention, the
entire insurance industry took a hit of about 1/3 of its total insurance
pool on 9/11.

I can't give you specific rates from other insurers like K&K or
Naughton, but that's the way that the overall picture was explained at
the National Convention.

Hope that helps in some small way.  Pete Lyon could give you a much
better picture than I can.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman