Re: Neon head gasket

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Neon head gasket
From: "Simon Eyre" <simon@nj.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:45:10 -0400
It's often called the 'hidden' warranty. Chrysler knew about the leaky
headgaskets in these for a while, eventually replacing the gasket with an
MLS type in 98-99. Call Chrysler's customer-one service and you'll probably
end up splitting the bill with them regardless of your original warranty.
Check www.neons.org/faq for more info.
Incidentally - I'm doing HG and timing belt on a 95 Neon right now. Given
the recent drop in temps I wish the car wasn't so old...
Simon Eyre
1995 Neon ACR Sedan
2001 Neon RT