Gauges in stock?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Gauges in stock?
From: bthatch@juno.com
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 14:34:02 -0400
Better than gauges for autocrossing is a big bright light that comes on
when the oil pressure gets too low. There isn't enough time to look at
any stinkin' gauges during autocross runs. BTW, synthetics can handle
ungodly amounts of oil temperature, like up to 500 degrees. Oil
starvation is the most important concern in autocross. Talk to Richard
Beecher about what happened to his SS Z06 on a skidpad.

Rich Shafer has this on his CP Trans Am. It saved his engine when I was
driving it at a school last year and the light came on during a slow
corner, I immediately drove it straight off course. Apparently, the trap
doors on his oil pan weren't working properly and he hadn't hooked up his
Accusump.

Ben Thatcher
http://ApexBenefits.biz