Re: 15x7 wheel choices

To: winnipegtommy@shaw.ca
Subject: Re: 15x7 wheel choices
From: "Burns, James B." <James.Burns@jhuapl.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 10:58:24 -0400
Tom, it looks as if you have already found the Kosei K1.  This is a good rim
for the price.  It weighs 13 lbs. and costs about $130.  You can go lighter
with something like the Volks or SSRs, but you'll spend 2-3 times as much.
The Spec Miata rules in most regions have adopted a rule that requires a
15x7 wheel with a minimum weight of 13 lbs. and the Koseis have become the
most common wheel in this class.

If you are willing to go with a 15x6.5 rim, then you have even more choices
in lightweight, inexpensive rims, such as those from Rota and Konig.

Brad B.

From: TommyB <winnipegtommy@shaw.ca>
Subject: 15x7 wheel choices?

I'm going to need a new set of autox/lapping rims for next season.  I'm
looking for lightweight (13 lbs. or less) 15x7, around 40mm offset, in
4x114.3 bolt pattern.  These will be for a Sentra Spec-V, and 225/45 Kumho
V70As.  So far the only rims I've found that fit the criteria are:

Kosei K1
Racing Hart CP-035 (out of my my price range)

I've found it difficult to find many light 15's available in this bolt
pattern...most are 4x100.

Here's my question:  Can anyone recommend a wheel brand/model that fits
these criteria?

Thanks in advance,
Tom Buller