Re: Tire Warming

To: nokones@kenmitchell.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire Warming
From: "JUSTIN MOORE" <91red180sx@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:18:56 -0500
As others have said, this would be impossible to police, but the existence
of the rule would help prevent blatant abuse.

The question is, are you going to get food right before your run because you
just got hungry, or did you wait until the last possible minute so your
tires would be warmer for runs?

This is a rule that you would have to hope people would police themselves
and would follow the spirit of on their own. It's the only way it would
work...

On the note of 2-driver cars. I think it's pointless to have one person
drive first one day and then switch. I mean, if you're taking total times,
then that driver already had one day on warm tires giving him an advantage,
so if he runs the same time as everyone else on cold tires, he still has the
advantage. I don't see the big deal...

Justin