Magazine coverage of the Solo II Nationals.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Magazine coverage of the Solo II Nationals.
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:44:40 EST
Ever notice how there are two distinct types of magazine coverage for the
Solo II Nationals?  Sports Car and North American Pylon tend to  go through
the results of each class..spanning most of the trophy winners.  Event
coverage for insiders.

When Car and Driver, Road and Track or this year's Autoweek cover it, it's
more of a personality piece, with little or no class information.  The
articles essentially explain the sport to outsiders.

In the past, Grassroots Motorsports has tried it both ways,  covering some
classes while trying to give an overview for our newsstand readers that
haven't been to a Solo event.  This year,  we tried to cover all of the
classes....and we strove to make it work for our potentials on the
newsstands.  I wound up with 11 pages of coverage, all in full color, with
full results of the trophy winners....tough to fit in with our packed format.

My question is...did it work?   Team.net is the "tough crowd" as far as
editorial coverage, so I'm curious as to how the collective will react to our
extra-grande Topeka coverage.

Per
http://www.grassrootsmotorsports.com