Re: Neon performance parts

Subject: Re: Neon performance parts
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 21:13:38 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 12 Nov 2002, David Fauth wrote:
> 1) Muffler or cat-back exhaust.  Cheap but decent is the key here.  He
> found parts at www.impactparts.net/neon that have great prices, but I
> have no idea what this company is like.
>
> 2) Springs that would be stiffen/lower without going so low as to
> require non-stock shocks or be riding on the bump stops.
>
> He's into the "looks" scene, but willing to take my advice on
> responsible performance mods, so I'd like to give him the best info I
> can.  Autox content is that he'd love to try autox sometime, so I want
> to make sure he doesn't ruin the car for the looks.

Unless you're doing a catback for looks, I'd advise him to save his money.
Unless something has dramatically changed, catbacks on neons don't add
much if any power.

For springs, check Mopar performance.  I know they have some higher rate
springs for the 1st gen cars, not sure about the 2nd gen.

Mark