RE: VW Parts expert needed

To: "Paul Zahornasky" <p.zahornasky@att.net>,
Subject: RE: VW Parts expert needed
From: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:14:57 -0600
My favorite import parts expert, Peter Caldwell at Worldwide in Madison, WI.
Has this to say:

Well, in vw parlance, any middle group of digits, ending in 98 is a kit, so
the part number tells me it is a crank kit, complete with bearings. The
bearing number is a set of standard rod bearing. The 056- tells me it is
for an early Rabbit series, say 77-84 ish, though maybe later cars, also. I
can't find that exact part number in my aftermarket catalogs for the kit.
But I'm pretty certain I'm right. it is certainly not for a 16V motor.
         Hope that helps.
         Peter

Phil Vanner
A satisfied Worldwide customer