Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program

To: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Subject: Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:44:11 -0500 (EST)
Howdy,

On Tue, 1 Apr 2003 JDMurphy47@aol.com wrote:
> I think you missed the point and I suspect it is from NOT going to
> enough other region events to realize that the SMALL regions show that
> they, repeatedly, do not know how to design courses and they don't
> take input kindly.  This may not be true in your part of the country
> but it is in my part.  Certification is not exclusive but to
> guarrantee that someone at the event knows how to design a course
> without demanding that there be only one way.
>
> Adapt my proposal to improve the courses around the country.

I think having a course designer training program would be a neat thing.
However, I think that _requiring_ people who design courses (particularly
at the regional level) to take it is too draconian.  For national level
courses, after the program has proven itself?  Maybe.

After all, those small region courses you're talking about have another
very good feedback mechanism... People don't go.

Mark