Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program

To: rocky@tri.net ("Rocky Entriken"), seb@scca.com
Subject: Re: Proposal for Certified Course Designer Program
From: JDMurphy47@aol.com
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2003 13:23:31 -0500
Rocky,
Okay, point taken about certification.  Then how do you go about getting
assurance of some kind that the course designer knows not only the course
spec's in the Solo 2 book but also the design recommendations for just about
every possible feature shown throughout Roger Johnson's How To Paper?  You can
offer all the training you want from HQ but many regions are not aware of
what's available and/or do not put a high enough priority on course designer
training to start with.
Please note that nowhere in either set is there any restriction about
creativity so I do not believe that boring sameness will come out of this
program.
Like I said before, your part of the country is blessed to have this
cross-pollination but my part of the country is not and has not been blessed
for many years.  I suspect that other parts of the country have this same
situation.

Hoping to improve our sport.

Jim