Re: [evolution-disc.] T-Rex's legal for Solo2?

To: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>,
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] T-Rex's legal for Solo2?
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 08:57:10 -0500
England was once the great provider of kit "cars" and "cycles".  The T-Rex
fits the "Cycle" bill.  The reasoning then, and probably now, is that a
cycle doesn't have the same road licensing requirements, EPA requirements,
Safety requirements, etc. as a car.  Hence, not a car.  Solo2 is restricted
to "cars" and some "trucks".

James, who would love to run a motorcycle on a solo course.  Better if we
put down logs, streams and boulders.

At 07:57 AM 4/14/2003 -0400, Eric Linnhoff wrote:
>http://www.go-t-rex.com/ is the vehicle in question.
>
>We had a guy show up to our local KC Region event who wanted to run his
>T-Rex yesterday.  We didn't/couldn't allow it to run.  He said he had "a
>letter from Topeka saying it's legal" but he didn't have it with him.
>
>I don't know.  It sure doesn't meet the AM rules (the only class where I can
>reasonably assume it might even begin to fit) by virtue of only having three
>wheels and not having a SCCA-legal roll bar structure.
>
>We hated to turn the guy away, but we just couldn't let him run it without
>knowing if it's legal.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Eric Linnhoff in KC
>'98 Dodge Neon STS #69
>www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
>"In Paris they simply stared when I spoke to them in French;
>I never did succeed in making those idiots understand their language."
>Mark Twain

>Get a FREE REFINANCE QUOTE - click here!
>http://us.click.yahoo.com/2CXtTB/ca0FAA/i5gGAA/7_TolB/TM

James Rogerson
  [FP #125] - Tekless Racing
jrogerson@houston.rr.com
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertle
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a
meaningful relationship with women" - Joseph Heller
"When law and morality contradict one another, the citizen has the cruel
alternative of either losing his sense of morality or losing his respect
for the law."  - Federic Bastiat