RE: [evolution-disc.] UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)

To: knuckledragger@kcweb.net, evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com,
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] UD/BD Explained (was Fastrack)
From: ktm@Unify.Com
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:32:30 -0700
I don't have my handy-dandy list of Civic weights at my finger tips, but yes
we would have.  We would have found an '89 base and done the Si swap.  The
combo price would have been cheaper than a good condition '89 Si.

Is the '89 as light as the '88?  I can't remember - I want to say that the
'88 is a bit lighter.  Plus, it had the correct rear control arms that our
Bilstein shocks would work in.

I know this whole discussion is revolving around Hondas.  FWIW we chose a
Honda for four reasons:

1) We're familiar with them from our experience with the Type-R - same basic
suspension.
2) We thought it was one of the top cars for the class.
3) The entry price was (relatively) inexpensive.  Parts new and used are
plentiful.  Blame Honda for making a popular car ;-)
4) Honda pays contingency.  Honestly, we're fonder of Mazda's, but we didn't
see a Mazda that was at the top level for ST.

There are other cars that are/can be at the top of ST, even with U/B, IMHO -
the RSX-S that Heyward pointed out,  The current gen. Celica, for examples..

Kevin McCormick
'88 STS Civic