Re: Autocrossers attacked by e-mail worm

To: Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>, Bill Fuhrmann
Subject: Re: Autocrossers attacked by e-mail worm
From: Mark Sirota <mark@sirota.org>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 22:39:09 -0400
--On Wednesday, August 20, 2003 5:01 PM -0700 Alan Dahl <alandahl@mac.com>
wrote:
> I'll bite my tongue and not suggest that the only sure way of making
> sure you aren't hit by the virus of the week is to buy a Mac :-).

That's a good way.  If you're not willing to go all the way towards the
light, then at the very least, DO NOT USE OUTLOOK or any of its variants.

There are a great many far better e-mail clients out there.  Unless you
are required to use it by your corporate IT department, choose something
better.  Anything.

And if you're not willing to go even that far, then please understand
that there is simply no excuse for being gullible enough to open
attachments that you weren't expecting and haven't verified.

Mark (who's a bit frustrated after fighting SoBig.F for two whole days at
work, even though I use a Mac and wouldn't be caught dead using Outlook,
just because there are people gullible and/or stupid enough to use bad
software and/or open attachments.)