Autocrossers attacked by e-mail worm

To: <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Autocrossers attacked by e-mail worm
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <fuhrmann@cpinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:36:06 -0500
Aparently someone out there has been in an isolation booth for the past year
or so.

They OPENED an attachement to a message without verifying what it was.

>From the addresses that showed up in my mail, it was someone on one of the
autocrossing lists.  The message to them probably did not come from the
list.

If you open these messages, everyone that you have e-mail from or in your
address book gets hit with the garbage.

If you don't KNOW FOR CERTAIN that it wasn't you, please go out to the
antivirus sites and check out how the currently popular one spreads and how
to get rid of it. I'd post more specific instructions but don't have the
time to go out and do your work for you right now.