Re: U/B in ST

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: U/B in ST
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 08:33:25 -0700
he has to find a motor from a year/model that exactly matches his car.
Even if motors are identical in every way except for the serial numbers
they won't be legal if that serial number match isn't exact.<<<<<<<<<

??????   In Stock class you can't use a factory replacement/warranty
motor???
I'm talking indentical part and casting number, same year, factory sealed
motor?

That's insane.  Is that a rule or is it some "isn't a specific allowance, so
you can't do it BS."

There are some makers that used to stamp the serial number portion of the
VIN on transmission cases.  So, you couldn't swap trannies either for a bone
stock replacement in those cars, but you could in cars that don't stamp the
serial number?  Celica and WRX owners must be thankful for that.  Of course,
what's the number mean?  Either you can replace or you can't.  So, all those
replaced trannies must just be on the cars of cheaters, who can't get
caught.

I spend 20 years helping build recordholding NHRA Stockers and I never
encountered a tenth of the rules silliness I've faced running SCCA the past
4 years.

-Steve Ekstrand
www.conemangler.com