Re: [Cp] RE: North American Pylon mailed today: Latest issue

To: "'John Kelly'" <76067.1750@compuserve.com>,
Subject: Re: [Cp] RE: North American Pylon mailed today: Latest issue
From: John Kelly <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 19:59:33 -0400

Message text written by INTERNET:tom@sth2.com

"
Check the rules again Pat... You actually get to drop 2 lbs. F Production
7A
with a 948 must weigh 1045. D Prepared 7As must weigh 1043...

Tom"

Pat and I deeply appreciate your correction of the information. <G>
Trouble is it ain't really funny. I hope every body is real happy over the
situation.
As it was explained to me by a variety of present and ex-SEB members, our
car has to weigh the same as the car which was the source of the engine.
        And while there are no 948 Sprites competing in the class, we have
to weigh what one of those does in H Production (i.e. road racing) trim.
However we haven't even seen a real H Prod Sprite in Solo in over 25 years.
We have to run against 1275s, et cetera.
And now here comes the Miata.
        On June 10 the SCCA-San Francisco Region will honor both of us with
election to the Region's Hall of Fame for our effort in organizing the
Region's Solo program.
        You'll have to ask us where we're going after that. I don't want to
skip the party.

--John Kelly

--John Kelly