Re: Tour entry update

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tour entry update
From: Alan Dahl <adahl@eskimo.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 16:59:51 -0700
Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com> writes:
> Well, if you look at the Atwater Tour entry list the SCCA website,
> you'll see
> that we're only at 145 entries.
>
> http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/nat_tour/2002/atwater/entry.html
>
> The National office is still processing the forms from the last couple
> days,
> but that should only raise the number to 175 or so. On the current
> entry list,
> it looks like maybe 50 or so Bay Area people are willing to make the
> "trek" to
> Atwater.  I guess more people would rather run a local event at
> Stockton than
> compete against fellow autoxers from Washington, Oregon, SoCal, Arizona,
> Colorado, etc. on a large concrete site in Atwater.

I think they may be further behind than that in processing the entries.
I just spoke to the Rally/Solo department on the phone and they have
lost my entry totally! It seems that they are more than a little behind
because they did not send out any confirmation cards (why I do not know)
and have not been keeping the website that up to date. This has resulted
in everyone and their brother calling to confirm their entry which has
in turn slowed down the processing of the remaining entries even more.

I know just looking at my class (C stock) I see myself, Jerrold Lowe,
Randy Chase and Ken Mononishi missing of those that I know for sure that
will be there. In addition there are several more of the 17 CS drivers
that were at San Diego that it would surprise me very much if they
didn't show.

Based upon that I would expect the actual entry count to be more in the
200-210 range when all the dust has settled. I plan on talking to Howard
(and Steve Johnson if he is there) about trying to set up some sort of
online entry like we use here in Seattle or at least some way for the HQ
staff to update the web without having to first forward it to the Shults
dot com people (the SCCA web guys) for posting which slows down things a
lot and results in a lot of extra work for the Rally/Solo folks having
to answer the telephone and verbally confirm entries.

- Alan Dahl

Alan Dahl                                               home:
adahl@eskimo.com
Federal Way, WA, USA                       work: aland@bestnet.com
http://www.eskimo.com/~adahl          ICQ 52688023