Re: Tour Entry Update

To: siastuning@attbi.com
Subject: Re: Tour Entry Update
From: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@harlie.idsfa.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:10:25 -0700
On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 11:13:05PM +0000, siastuning@attbi.com wrote:
> Peter,
>
> If some one wants to run novice they need to specify
> their class and "NOVICE" on their entry. All novices
> will run in one class and be paxed off the class they
> enter with. AS-NOVICE, DSP-NOVICE, STS-ST-NOVICE, OSP-
> NOVICE ect.

Vic,

That still leaves the question of what PAX index will be used for
STS/STX in the novice class.  Both of those classes run on street
tires anyway.  We used to handle it by using the STR index for street
touring cars in a street tire class, but this year there is no STR
national class, and there has never been an STX-R class.  AAS has
created some PAX indices for STS and STX to use when competing in an
indexed street tire class, to account for the difference between
street tires and R tires.

--

john@idsfa.net                                              John Stimson
http://www.idsfa.net/~john/                              HMC Physics '94