re: Classic auto restorer

To: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com
Subject: re: Classic auto restorer
From: whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com (sohl,william h)
Date: 30 Oct 1991 12:57 EST
>"Classic Auto Restorer" just sent me a piece of junk mail asking me to
>subscribe to this magazine.  The name of the magazine is compelling enough,
>but I've never seen it, so I don't have any way of knowing if it is useful
>or not.  Anyone get this magazine?  What is your impression of it?

Contrary to the response of mjb, I do subscribe and I think it is
a pretty good magazine.  Unlike most other magazines (R&T, Car
& Driver, and others) "Classic Auto Restorer" does contain
what I think is good technical "How To Do It" features.  Because
it is a bi-monthly, you don't get a large pile of issues in any one year
period.  Even though much of the "How To" stuff is oriented or
based on domestic (USA) vehicles, much of the skills and techniques
described are applicable to any car, regardless of origin.

Anyway, I give it a ++ in my book.

Bill
Standard Disclaimer- Any opinions, etc. are mine and NOT my employer's.
Bill Sohl   (K2UNK)            ||  email
Bellcore, Morristown, NJ       ||   UUCP    bcr!taichi!whs70
(Bell Communications Research) ||    or
201-829-2879 Weekdays          || Internet  whs70@taichi.cc.bellcore.com