Re: Classic auto restorer

To: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Subject: Re: Classic auto restorer
From: garnett@theory.TC.CORNELL.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 1991 14:49:40 EST
On Oct 30, 11:08am, Joe Augenbraun wrote:
} Subject: Classic auto restorer
}
} or not.  Anyone get this magazine?  What is your impression of it?

I've been getting it for a couple years, and mostly like it. Their
"feature car" articles (usually 2 or 3) are quite good, and go into
model/make development & history, as well as telling about that
car. Their tech articles vary- some are quite good, some are shallow,
and some have inaccuracies.  Sorta like everything you hear in this
hobby, eh? They also have good blurbs on museums, collectors, parts
remanufacturers, etc. And the view changes with the article-
you'll get one good tech article on doing it yourself, then they'll
do one on a similar commerical service where they keep saying
you can't do it well enough at home, go to these guys promo.
And, whil the bulk are american cars, they have a wide mix of
early, mid, late models, and a range of foreign stuff from
Fiat 850 Spyders to Morgans. I'll keep getting mine.
   ________
  /___  _  \        Roger Garnett   (garnett@BATCOMPUTER.TC.CORNELL.EDU)
 /|   ||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   | South Lansing Centre For
| |___||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | Wayward Sports Cars
| | \  |   | |      Cornell University       | (Lansing, NY)
 \|  \ |__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853       | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!