Re: SOL gif; Flag question??

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SOL gif; Flag question??
From: acg@hermes.dlogics.com
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 1992 15:58:02 CDT
DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems) writes:
> One question, though: Is there a REALLY a top and bottom to the British
> flag?

Yes, there is. If I recall correctly, the white bars are not symmetrical;
the uppers are thinner than the lowers, or vice versa. Anyway, if you can
find a genuine reproduction of the flag (e.g. encyclopedia), it should be
apparent. The problem occurs vertically; i.e. you can get in trouble by
printing it upside-down... how much trouble remains to be seen, however.

..and I'm not trying to be TERRIBLY serious about this, although I AM
a British citizen... :-)

Andrew C. Green
Datalogics, Inc.      Internet: acg@dlogics.com
441 W. Huron          UUCP: ..!uunet!dlogics!acg
Chicago, IL  60610    FAX: (312) 266-4473