Re: Tell me how to tow my LBC

To: sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: Tell me how to tow my LBC
From: jesup@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Randell Jesup)
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 92 22:45:46 EDT
>with 1500 lbs on it, and the Midget weighs 3000 lbs.

        ???

        Maybe if you inflate the tires with lead, it _might_ hit 3000.  Even
then I'd be skeptical.  1600, 1800, even 2000 (for those late-model
atrocities with the bumpers and springs and engine from hell) would be
believable.  Maybe even 2200 for those late-model ones.  But not 3000!

        Randell
p.s.  Towing a midget with a vanagon will probably work, if the midget isn't
overwieght, there's not too much else in the vanagon, and you stay away from
hills.  (Actually, it's probably better in the vanagon; my experience is
with air-cooled VW Buses).  Careful with the clutch!