Re: Tell me how to tow my LBC

To: british-cars-local-request@wsl.dec.com (Dennis Wilson)
Subject: Re: Tell me how to tow my LBC
From: miq@chromavac.esd.sgi.com
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 92 9:40:59 PDT
Dennis Wilson says:

> I'm moving down to Arizona State Uni at the end of August. I have my 1980
> VW Vanagon Camper, and my 77 Midget.  The camper has a tow hitch on the back
> with 1500 lbs on it, and the Midget weighs 3000 lbs.

What do you have stuffed in your midget to add the extra 1200 lbs?  Is this
one of those rocket powered nitro-methane drag racers with a jet engine?

Actually if you disconnect the drive shaft, and leave the brakes off, it
should be ok to tow with just a tow bar.  The Midget is light enough that the
1500 lb limit should be adequate, but are the VW's brakes enough to stop with
the extra weight?

--

Miq Millman -- miq@sgi.com or {decwrl,pyramid,att}!sgi!miq  415 390 1041