[brucec@amex-trs.com: Prince of Darkness strikes again]

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: [brucec@amex-trs.com: Prince of Darkness strikes again]
From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 92 10:05:56 -0700
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 92 12:37:47 -0700
>From: brucec@amex-trs.com (Bruce Carter)
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Prince of Darkness strikes again

Well I thought I would re-send this I got a few bounces, and some of them
looked like they may have come from hoosier. Plus I got no responses
from anyone. And I really would like to know where the inertia switch
(for fuel cutoff) is. This could be important if I get in a fender
bender with a blue hair old lady with a land yacht. (Actually I suspect
that it would not just bend the fender, I suspect that it might become
toast).

Hello Folks,

    Well as some may know I recently replaced my altenator in my MGB,
circa '77, because of spectacular fireworks from said device. Well
apparently it took some of the wiring harness with it. I have some very
interesting symptoms.

The car stutters and stammers now. It appears that I have a loose ground
maybe. The ignition/altenator light flikers when running, if I pop out
the little light, and ground it to the frame it goes out like one would
suspect (while car is running). When car is not runnning and I just turn
on the ignition switch the light some times come on sometimes not. But
if I again take the light and ground it to the frame it burns bright
like one would expect.

Unforntunately the mechanic that worked on this thing had cranial
lipo-suction done. And so I have pasta for a wiring harness in the car.
Some of that may be due to the engine swap from the 18gv to a 18gb
engine. So I am willing to over look a little but not what I have found
trying to debug this problem.

What I have done is wire the light directly from the alt. to the
ignition light. (Brown with Yellow tracer). And eliminated part of the
White wire that also goes to the light. But this wire also goes to the
Overdrive switch/solenoid that this car DOES NOT have. It also goes to
an inertia switch for the fuel pump. So.... where in the flying flock is
the inertia switch I have gone through the engine compartment, I have
taken everything out of the trunk for a look see, I have crawled under
the car to see if it was near the tank, I have looked under the dash....
I plain can not find the darn thing. This White wire also goes to the
fuel pump which is directly wired from the ignition switch, so it is not
a problem.

Have I missed anything? I am getting real tired of pushing the thing
after it sits all night while I sleep, and the little stored electrons
leak away.

Thanks in advance for the assistance, suggestions, comments, etc...

Bruce...

"Hush little baby, Don't say a word and never mind that noise you heard
it's just the beasts under your bed, in your closet, in your head" - Metallica