Re: We can melt, we can blast, we can rise above!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: We can melt, we can blast, we can rise above!
From: Clay Robinson <crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 92 13:01:14 EDT
From: crobinso
Full-Name: Clay Robinson@program support
Subject: Poor LBC Sat for 23 Months
To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Bcc: crobinso

    My poor LBC has been sitting 21 months in the garage unstarted.
After 14 months, I put 10 cc of Marvel Mystery oil into each cylinder
to keep them from seizing.  Being a member of SOL has inspired me to
get the ol' girl onto the road.  Also, with British Car Day quickly
approaching (5 days away), what an opportunity to show the world that
there really is a Daimler Dart SP-250.

    I need help though with what may appear obvious, but after owning
a Tiger and an SP-250, nothing is obvious.

    1.  Having sat for 21 months, is it possible the old SU HD-6s will
        not have to be drained and rebuilt?

    2.  Is it possible that the gas will fire up or likely to be too
        much like varnish?

    3.  I started to replace the brake fluid but got scared when lots
        of little black specks came out in the old fluid.  Is it likely
        that since the brakes have not been used for so long, and
        eventhough no slave cylinders are leaking, after a few minutes
        of driving, that all rubber seals will collude, remember that
        they are British, and disentegrate?

What was resolved for a SOL Gathering at British Car Day in Bowie on 28th?
I would surely like to see some of those SOL cars, although it looks like
mine may not receive the attention she deserves before Sunday.

clay robinson.            crobinso@sesky4102b.pl.osd.mil
The above opinions are solely my own and not those of my employer.