Re: Darn that Roland.... NOT!

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Darn that Roland.... NOT!
From: barry@remedy.com
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 92 10:35:28 PDT
Boy, I can't believe all of you people suggesting putting a big American
engine in a Stag.  Heresy!  I say the only proper engine swap for a stag
is the truly British 3.5L Rover V8.  So what if its really a Buick, it leaks
oil like a true LBC engine.  (At least the one in my TR8 does.)

But seriously, I think the extra weight of a large iron V8 would really screw
up the ride and handling of a stag.  I grew up with small block Chevy's
(usually Chevelles - my dad loved them) so I'll always have a soft spot in
my heart for the big V8s, but they really aren't suited for small british
cars.

-Barry