Volvo pistons

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, buick-rover-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Volvo pistons
From: David Kernberger <dkern@napanet.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 20:24:42 -0800
3/19/02

To the group,

        A few weeks back, Steve Mines posted some information on his Olds
215 engine in a Datsun 510 car.  One thing that caught my interest was the
use of Volvo pistons in the engine build.  He informs me that he has no
personal knowledge of this but that the engine was built some years back by
Phil Baker of 1986 Hot Rod Magazine article fame.

        Does anybody know any of the details about which Volvo pistons
these might be and/or what combination of rods/crankshaft/ heads/etc they
might be used with?  I have a thing about Volvos, as well as aluminum V8s
and would really like to know what this recipe is.  It has not been covered
anywhere else that I know of.

Cheers,
Dave Kernberger