14E V8 engine prefix?

To: TR7/TR8 List <tr8@mercury.lcs.mit.edu>,
Subject: 14E V8 engine prefix?
From: Kevin Burtch <efitr8@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 16:22:13 -0500 (EST)
(Note: crossposted to the Rover-V8 list and the wedge list)

I was wondering if anyone knows what the 14E engine prefix
means. My TR8, and another engine I pulled from a P6B, both
have this prefix. According to Rimmer Bros' V8 catalog,
14A (not 14E) is a Swedish market SD1 automatic. Somehow,
I highly doubt that both of these engines are from Sweden.
(I bought the TR8 in California and the P6B engine was found
 in a scrapyard in Florida (and is a mix-matched engine))

According to TRF's catalog, my TR8's engine should be a 12E
prefix.

Since both engines are 8.13:1 compression, my guess is they
both started life as American market SD1 models (the P6B should
have had 10.5:1, I think).

Thanks,
Kevin