parts interchange list

To: Datsun List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: parts interchange list
From: P or T <p-pie@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 21:39:42 -0400
here's what I was talking about, RE: the Jag Dunlop brakes:

Front Brakes - pistons, and presumably calipers, are interchangeable!

Jaguar models:
-XK 150
-series 1
-E-type
-340

All use 2-1/8" front (same as ours) (Jag PN 8777) pistons, 1-3/4" rear
(Jag PN 8778) pistons

-Mark II uses 2-1/8" front (Jag PN 8777) and 1-1/2" rear (Jag PN 8816)
pistons

This has me wondering what would be involved in setting up the rear end
with the same calipers, and possibly rotors, as up front, just with the
smaller pistons to maintain good brake balance - I'm going to have a
look at a friend's E-type to confirm that the calipers are the same as
ours.....hmmm, anyone else traveled this mental path before??

Pete 're-engineer' Long
'68/'95 - 2000/2400
...the engine and tranny are being fitted with new mounts right now!