Re: Herb Petty's 2000: Datsun Calander

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Herb Petty's 2000: Datsun Calander
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:53:05 -0700
We're all human and not perfect, so I thought maybe you threw that in like
they put flaws into Persian rugs on purpose. Little mistake. Speaking of
mistakes, reminds me of the time one of my bosses wrote an online program
for the cops (and made a huge mistake). He just knew that logically, there
was one piece of programming code that could never ever execute because
there was no path to it. We systems guys always throw in a personal thing
or two in our programs, to satisfy our egos. So he put in an error message
that said in effect "a**h*l*, this f**k*** s**t will never work for you!".
A couple years later one of the upper police brass managed to trigger that
message. Oops!

Fred - So.SF